Hi, I'm Elias Farah. Welcome to my profile!
Elias Farah's Bio:
Elias Farah graduated from the University at Buffalo with a BA in 2008. Later he attended Canisius College and earned an MBA in 2011. After gaining his MBA, he becamed a licensed stockbroker with series 7 and series 66 licenses. He worked at Merrill Lynch until leaving to continue his education. He pursued a Law Degree at the University at Buffalo and graduated in 2016. Elias Farah continually works to have a positive impact on his community. He has served on a number of local school and non-for profit boards and has taken great pleasure in volunteering at local high schools with students who struggle in math and science.
Elias Farah's Experience:
Vice Chair at Erie County Budget Review CommitteeJanuary 2014 - January 2016 | Buffalo, NY
• Appointed Vice Chair of committee responsible for making recommendations on sales tax, social services, and property tax to the Legislature affecting the approximate $1.4B county budget.
Law Clerk at Serotte Law, PLLC.August 2015 - December 2015 | Buffalo, NY
• Created a secure online digital library of all cases, files, and forms the firm handled. • Thoroughly composed and reviewed numerous US immigration applications, which were submitted to the federal government on behalf of clients seeking to obtain authorization to enter the US
Intern at New York State Supreme CourtJanuary 2015 - May 2015 | Buffalo, NY
• Worked on cases that came through the expedited matrimonial division of the NYS Supreme Court • Performed research, writing, and review of legal matters as assigned by Judges and Court Referees • Observed pre-trial conferences, motions, and various other proceedings as required by Court.
Wealth Management Consultant at Merrill LynchJune 2012 - October 2013 | Buffalo, NY
• Worked with a team of top analysts and financial planners to manage personalized financial plans for high net worth individuals, all while managing approximately $100 million in assets. • Assessed clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial goals to establish investment objectives.
Legislative Research Liaison at New York State AssemblyApril 2015 - Present | Buffalo, NY
• Draft prospective bills and laws which are placed before the New York State legislature for ratification. • Research current and past legislation, analyzing legal implications and compliance with state and federal law. • Compile data and interpret constituent sentiment toward new and past legislation.
Elias Farah's Education:
University at Buffalo2013 – 2016Juris Doctor
Canisius College2010 – 2011MBAConcentration: Finance
University at Buffalo2004 – 2008BAConcentration: History, Psychology
Elias Farah's Interests & Activities:
Skiing, Hiking, Golf, Boating, Networking, and Volunteer Opportunities.